Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Upper Volga

I haven't had much time to work on my world - this below took two weeks.  And what with decisions I've made today, that are not discussed anywhere on my blog, I don't know how much work I'll get done in the next few months.

But, here's the Upper Volga map, fully reformatted for the new publisher program:

Just one big flat part of the world.

This was waaaaay, way more work than I expected.  That multiplicity of rivers was a major bitch.  I see that google has made the swampy hexes blue; there are four of them, areas 20 miles in diameter with no civilization in them, even modern civilization.  But then, this is quite a ways north; people in North America really don't conceive how far north Moscow or St. Petersburg is (my world has no St. Petersburg, it was founded by Peter the Great in 1703).

I'm glad this one is behind me.  I prefer maps with lots of mountains.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your decision leaves you feeling good and hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decision is out of the bag today. Fan Expo, here I come.

    ReplyDelete

Abusive comments will be deleted.