Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ural Mountains - Rough

I crashed last night from writing early, which for me means I relaxed and worked on a project that requires attention but practically zero creativity.  Yes, you guessed it, another map.  This seems to be all I'm up for doing lately, what with the book sucking up all my creative juices.  When the book is finished this blog should actually get a shot in the arm.

Anyway, this is as far as I got.  The map below is directly east of the Upper Volga map I posted last - in a way, it shows the Ural mountains down the middle:

The only hexes colored are those that show desolate mountains (grey), muskeg swamp (whitish yellow)
and hexes below 500 feet elevation. Thus the Ural Mountains are shown starkly highlighted, right down
the centre of the map.  The rolling hills of the Russian plain are west of the mountains, while
the edge of the great Ob River flatland are to the east. 

I'll post a finished version in a few days, when I have the time to color in the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abusive comments will be deleted.